Wednesday 14 November 2012

"5216 Days Later" - The GG STILL "MIA"

News flash..........latest at the news wire is, nothing. Just to keep you all updated at my swift and dogged progress, there have been a few minor developments.

The first is, that since my initial request to the Queen's Representative, the Governor General, the "Commander and Chief", I have have received the sum total of "0" help. Just in case you missed that extensive list I will repeat it for you, nothing. Zip, zero, nada or butkus. I did notice at Remembrance Day, that the GG had more medals than the new CDS. I guess that is were he has been all this time, deployed. (8 months now - long tour)

Now on to the saga of my missing documents. The investigator at the Privacy Commission seems quite okay with the fact that documents signed on behalf of the Queen and another signed by the CDS have been destroyed as a matter of Government protocol. I would have thought that these persons documents, would have been of some historic value but, I am mistaken. The MND sent me a letter regarding these documents and sadly, thus far, nothing. I do however appreciate his response.

Having once served my country proudly, I must now, lower my head, in continuing shame of the system and how it treats, Veterans. I will continue to move forward. I will be contacting other departments of the government in the ongoing search for the answers.

Any assistance from groups, organizations, political parties or individuals, private or media, would be greatly appreciated.

I will write again soon. Soon being the most ambigious word I could pluck. The word of the day is Omnibigious - SNAFU to you military types.  

No comments:

Post a Comment