Friday 30 May 2014

JENNY MIGNEAULT & KLODE RAINVILLE

Prior to a VAC Committee meeting I was invited to attend, I had never met Jenny. As a Herc pilot, I had flown with Klode many times.

JENNY!!

As the Aircraft Commander I had to listen to my crew. If Klode had something to tell me, you can bet it was important. I would stop, take the time to listen and communicate my response. If that was not satisfactory to him we would have this thing called a discussion. A sort of exchange of ideas. I realize to some who believe they are better than others, will not take the time to hear what someone is so desperately wanting to say.

Jenny (I'm so proud of you) has spoken for so many spouses. My wife has been through so much, she herself is permanently damaged. That being the case reduces my list of people who I can talk to, down to 1. The one person left is my Therapist. I can only see him once a month because it is a 3 hour round trip and VAC will not cover any costs for travel, parking or meals.

The Government is spending over 4 million on advertising. Stating, what a good job they are doing. Really, let's ask Jenny!!

Here is a true story that makes the 4 million look like chump change. Senator Dallaire was Commanding in Rwanda. He needed supplies. I was the Special Ops pilot chosen to fly in. It was at the height of the Genocide.

I asked the Senior Operations Person if we could carry guns in for self protection. The answer was a simple, NO! Why? The response floored me. They were afraid someone may get hurt. NO KIDDING! Can you imagine flying into a Genocide and someone may get hurt was their concern? WOW! REALLY!

Senator Dallaire speaks of child soldiers in Africa. I had the pleasure on this flight to get to meet one, up close and very personal. He was about 12. Had his loaded AK47 at the ready. His mouth was drooling this green leafy substance know as CAT! It is a powerful drug. As he walked onto my Aircraft he was quite calm. I would be too if I was the only one with a weapon.

Lucky for the Canadian Government, all he demanded was food. If he wanted the Aircraft, he could have inherited 40 million dollars for it. I would have defended the Aircraft but I could not because I had no weapon. SOMEONE MAY HAVE GOTTEN HURT or LOST 40 MILLION.

No comments:

Post a Comment