Tuesday 11 December 2012

"5243 Days Later" - Does Your MP Have to Answer?

An interesting question, don't you think? This exact situation happened to me. I was having a problem getting information on missing documents. I went, as a constituent  to my MP's office. In hand, I had proof of documents that should have been kept by the government, in accordance with my Terms of Settlement.

I gave what I had to my MP and asked for his assistance in locating these documents. These documents were very important because they were proof for VAC, that a severe incident had happened and without proof, they could not grant me a pension.

VAC has no power to force DND to produce documentation so, the only person I could go to was my trusted Member of Parliament  Seeing no results, I contacted his office over a year later. The answer I received back, let's just say was:"less than ideal."

Wanting to know what efforts my Member of Parliament had taken on my behalf, I again asked for details. I again received the predictable response.

Working as my Member of Parliament and being paid with my tax dollars to represent me and my interests, I thought, this situation, unacceptable. Sadly now I am forced to file an Access to Information Request to my Member of Parliament  to force him to show me all the actions his office had taken, on my behalf  to assist me in resolving my situation.

I will keep you posted, if or when I get a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment