Wednesday 14 March 2012

Rumblings About the 29th March - Boots?

Word on the street is a bunch of Veterans are thinking about going to Parliament Hill. I heard something about Veterans are 80% happy, with the service they are getting from VAC.

You just know I had to re-cap this one; Veterans don't want cuts to the VAC budget, they just want better service. This sounds like like a reasonable position to take.

In my case, the system was there for itself and not for the average serving member or Vet. In my case, Senior Officer after Senior Officer failed to help me as they were required to do, as per the Orders.

After that, when I made a claim through VAC, there was no documentation regarding this whole situation. When I asked DND Privacy for the paperwork to support my case, it went;"missing in action." My case was denied because they lost a letter written by the CDS and another from the Government, on behalf of the Queen. These things go missing all the time, don't they? Just insignificant pieces of paper. No value in keeping those,ah?

I wrote to the Commander and Chief (the GG) to let him know what's been going on. I wrote to the Privacy Commission reference the lost, insignificant papers from the CDS and Queen. I hope to hear something soon.

( As we all know, "soon" means; 120 days, 16 weeks, 4 months or 1/3 of a year - before you get your first rejection letter. It seems that the new norm is, send in your request and immediately, start working on your appeal because you know the answer will be "no!")


I know the public supports our Troops. I know that the Government supports our Troops in words and statements, to that effect.

Veterans having first hand experience should be making decisions about the well being of our wounded. No buisness model works here. Unless you have lived it, you can't judge it or decide it.

I will re-post my earlier thoughts on this subject


No comments:

Post a Comment