Wednesday 4 April 2012

New Day - New Insight

I received a letter today from BPA (VAC Lawyers). They wrote about scheduling a Tribunal for me. For what reason, I am unsure. I never requested any such thing. I had talked to VAC about my personal information and that I was amazed how they could deny my last Consequential Claim, for two specific issues. I was hospitalized for these exact issues that my Original Claim was partially based upon but, they said they didn't have enough information to decide in my favor.

So to Re-Cap. I filed my Initial Claim based partially on my hospitalization. The military told VAC that the evidence supporting my claim, didn't exist. Having the evidence that they said didn't exist, I sent it to them. Claim approved.

Consequential Claim for the things I was hospitalized for. VAC states that their was no, or not enough evidence that I was hospitalized, for them to decide in my favor. I realize that the small amount of paperwork involved in an emergency transport by ambulance to Kingston General and a months stay in ICU and recovery, would generate, little to no paperwork.

PLEASE, GIVE IT A BREAK>VETERANS  DIDN'T JUST FALL OFF THE APPLE CART!! HOW DUMB DO YOU THINK WE ARE? If I was smart enough to fly the Prime Minister around and the UNKNOWN SOLDIER home to Canada, I think I can see what is going on here.

YOU LOST MY PAPERWORK THAT SUBSTANTIATED MY INITIAL CLAIM AND NOW YOU CLAIM TO HAVE INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE TO SHOW I WAS IN A HOSPITAL FOR A MONTH, JUST SO YOU COULD DENY MY CONSEQUENTIAL CLAIM!!!

I did my own request for a Departmental Review for my initial claim and I will certainly do one for this situation. I have no trust in BPA. I have at least 100 pounds of papers showing exactly why I was in the hospital and the causes. I used new technology though, to gain this illusive information. I did the complex tasks of:

Asking the people that work there.
I asked for copies.
I asked for and kept receipts.
I kept doctor records and blood tests.

I got them and filed them because you know what, I just might need them some day. Surprise (no one at all is surprised) they went MIA (missing in Action) or as VAC likes to say, not able to locate.

Surprise!!! They went missing at just the wrong time for me. Shucks!!! Too bad. But wait!! I kept a copy of everything that was easily available to anyone who cared to ask.

Here is a novel idea. Why not ask the member if they have any information supporting their claim BEFORE IT GOES IN. Just as a double check. Just in case someone misplaced information that may be critical to the claim. I find: my phone, FAX, Computer, even the written word in pen, if required, could be utilized as intended, to communicate. As a famous line in a movie once stated; "looks like we have a failure to communicate!"

Funny. Something about missing info was pointed out by the Auditor General reference the military and F35. Having been in the military, if they want to get it right, they do. If they want to appear as if they have it right, they can and will.

No comments:

Post a Comment