Saturday 7 December 2013

CITIZEN DALLAIRE - MY BATTLE BUDDY - SAID NO TO HELP REQUEST

An Officer first

citizen second, politician third BUT 

most importantly, a human being with compassion for a 

"Battle Buddy."

As a Veteran, no one knows your situation better than another Veteran. Kate, in a news conference given on Parliament Hill, said we should all have one to help and watch our backs (our 6 O'clock).
             I thought the same thing. I looked at my experiences in difficult war zones around the world, and the most powerful, knowledgeable and skilled Canadian Citizen was, Senator Retired General Romeo Dallair.
            Citizen Dallaire was Commanding the UN troops in Rwanda during their genocide. I was a Special Operations CC130 Hercules Aircraft Commander tasked with taking supplies into the General and his troops. Because of what happened their, both he and I suffer now with PTSD.



No comments:

Post a Comment