Tuesday 21 May 2013

A Sad Story!


This article could be called a massacree!

It could be called a movement!

I think we should call it the entire massacree movement! - Arlo Gutherie would be proud


I have been holding out on this true story till now. I believe that it demonstrates the two tiered justice system we have come to know and hate with this government. On one hand, Mr. Harper says he is for getting tough on criminals. Let us now do a comparison on them verses us on the Justice Meter:
WE ARE PAYING ATTENTION NOW!

The Justice Meter

Me

I, as the Aircraft Commander, was flying multiple, back to back, night Search and Rescue missions in my CC 130 Hercules. We were out three consecutive nights, saving lives. When I returned to base the Messes were closed and the only place open was my favorite pizza joint. I called from the Squadron and ordered my pizza, on these three nights. Since our aircraft carries no meals, after multiple hours of hard flying, you land hungry  Because of this fact, DND would cover a small amount of money so you could eat something before going home. I did and there in lies the problem.

I was exhausted. I ate my little pizzas on these nights and was so tired, I forgot to take the receipt off the box and hand it in for payment. As an honest guy I went to the pizza guy, told him what I had done and he gave the 3 replacement receipts. All very legal and legitimate.

I got a call about a month later from the Military Police. They were launching a full investigation into my receipt claim because they were sure they were fraudulent. True to their word, they sent over a Cop to get my statement. I explained the circumstances to the Cop but he was still sure I was a fraud over 3 pizzas.

Now to put this in context, my aircraft which I was commanding was worth over 30 million dollars. I have blank signed government cheques and credit cards with no limits so that I might purchase fuel, accommodations for the crew or repairs while on the road.

The Cop was so sure of his thoughts on fraud, he demanded we go see the pizza guy and interrogate him. I was not allowed to be present since I might influence the pizza guys story. My story was exactly the same as the pizza guys story and as a summation to the Cops report he stated," We could not disprove his claim!" Isn't that a kick in the chops.

Next time I started the aircraft, I let it sit and warm up a while thinking about how much it costs for the fuel flowing through my 4 jet engines vise the cost of 3 pizzas and the audacity it took for the Senior Officers to think, I might stoop so low as to claim pizzas I did not get.

The Government

Well now that you understand justice for an honest aircraft commander. Let us look at the justice for an Honorable Senator. He claims expenses for living one place that he actually does not. He got money, $90,000.00 for it. He got a cheque, with strings attached (PM's lawyer written), from the PM's Chief of Staff. No police. No documentation. No investigation by outsiders.

So to RE-CAP: 

Mike Duffy's pizzas (SO TO SPEAK) were $90,000.00 claimed / paid by me the taxpayer. Refunded to me by the PM's Chief of Staff who needed a legal agreement for his friends loan / gift.

Me, an Officer, Captain, Aircraft Commander claim 3 pizzas totaling no more than $40.00, am fully investigated. Interrogated.  Driven to the QUOTE; SEEN OF THE CRIME, UNQUOTE by the police. They held the pizza owner for questioning. Final results were: I could answer one of the most challenging of all questions........Where do you live? and they: could not disprove my claim that everything I stated was true.

What was that law they brought in saying citizens could make an arrest and hold someone for the police if: theft was involved. My tax dollars are real money and if taken fraudulently, should be dealt with by the police.

THE GRAY AREA
"Into the Weeds"



No comments:

Post a Comment