Saturday 16 August 2014

TRUTH - CAN BE UGLY



Mme Marie Deschamps

Attached below, was my first email describing exactlyhow the Harassment Complaint system worked for me. Although not sexual, Harassment is treated the same under Military Orders. 

As a Captain Pilot, going against a Base Commander, the Orders as written, were totally disregarded. This was then covered - up by more Senior Officers and this situation is still ongoing to this day (1997 to Present). 

If a male Captain Officer cannot have his complaint dealt with IAW Orders as written, women of any rank would be treated the same. If the female would be of a lower rank than Captain, even worse - if that is possible.

I believe my case is a perfect example of how Harassment in the Military is truly handled. Women in the Military know this is the treatment they can look forward to from their superiors if they make a Harassment complaint. If you add a sexual reference to this, it is only worse. I have 2 female witnesses to these facts who never came forward due to the fear instilled in them by seeing what happens even to male members of the Military.

Judging by how I have been, and still am being treated with regards to my Harassment complaint ongoing from 17 years ago, I would not blame any female in the Military for not reporting the abuse.

These are Senior Officers in the Military I am speaking of. They are all powerful and not to be trusted. I have the witnesses and documents to prove my case. I filed in Federal Court and the case T-625-13 was overseen by Judge Shore.

I am diagnosed with 4 mental illnesses due to my service and because of this Harassment case. Being unable to afford a lawyer and being denied "Accommodation" by the Federal Court and the Human Right's Commission (HRC), I have put my case on hold. 

Because of my mental conditions, I require help in presenting my case. This was evident at HRC since I did not fill out the form exactly as required. After 1 year HRC denied my application because I used one wrong acronym. I was never personally interviewed nor given any assistance in ensuring my forms were correct and provided the proper acronyms. ( I had used DND for the Department of National Defense when the correct acronym for this Department is:  National Defense Department of Fin Code 018. acronym DND / CF

It is sad when a Veteran with 4 mental health issues to deal with, is given no help at HRC even to fill out forms correctly. This was a kin to asking a blind person, to do the same. (HRC would have helped the blind person read and understand but not the one who just does not understand due to mental illness in service to his Country) 

My First Email

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Michael I. Cole <michaelcole9112010@gmail.com> wrote:
Mme Marie Deschamps

I am a retired Captain, Military Pilot. In 1997 I had to file a Harassment Complaint against the Base Commander of CFB Trenton.

Although I followed CFAO 19-39 (Canadian Forces Administrative Orders) to the letter, the results will surprise you.

IN BRIEF

1. The accused made himself judge - Found himself not guilty.
2. All Senior Officers above the rank of Colonel supported the actions of the accused being judge.
3. Finally reaching the CDS (Gen Baril, Ret'd), he said the intent of Orders were not followed and sent me to ADR (Alternate Dispute Resolution) signed on Behalf of Queen for Gov of Canada. 01 April 1999.
4. (Harassment File) to be kept off personal records and held separately by National Defense in a undisclosed location. The file could be used only for Pension reasons. After the ADR this Colonel was promoted all the way up the Chain of Command to the D/CDS (Second in Command)
5. When I filed for VAC pension benefits I was denied-no supporting documents
6. National Defense destroyed the entire file- confirmed by then MND Hon. P. MacKay.
7. Privacy Comm agreed that it was okay to destroy the file in contravention to the signed TERMS.
8. Privacy Comm said if I did not like it then file at Federal Court.
9. I filed at Federal Court T-625-13 against the Queen (Highest Ranking Officer named in signed TERMS)
10. Requested "Accommodation" from Federal Court because due to my service to Canada, I have 4 diagnosed mental illnesses and I am heavily medicated.
11. Federal Court turned down my request for "Accommodation" said go to Human Rights.
12. Filed at Human Rights
13. After 1 year, Human Rights denied me "Accommodation" because my case frivolous and I never worked for DND as a Military Pilot.
14. Formal Flight Safety Report sent to PM, MND, MoT, MoVAC.
15. Just strong enough at this time to tell the whole story of my oppression and being made to fly the A-310 Airbus Jetliner in the Gulf for 6 month's MEDICALLY UNFIT!
16. My file is now with DSEI (DND Department of Special Investigations)

I have all the documentation required to prove what happened. Thinking of a lower ranking females and males, being subject to what I have been through and continue to be subject to, would be unconscionable.

I am volunteering to give you testimony and evidence as you require to show the systemic problems with National Defense investigating itself and the problems this creates.

My case was work Harassment not sexual. The rules are the same but a different cause for the Harassment. I have invaluable first hand knowledge of how exactly the system works (does not) and would like to assist you in getting the correct information from someone who is still living it to this day. Thank you. All details are available on my Blog http://michaelcole9112010.blogspot.ca/

With great respect
Michael
Harassment is treated the same under Military Orders.


No comments:

Post a Comment