Wednesday 23 May 2012

I Expected More From The Governor General of Canada

In these days of modern technology, it is surprising who seems not to know important information. I learned at an early age, the 7 rules of being in the Government. These are:

Show concern!
Act surprised!
Admit nothing!
Deny everything!
Don't come first!
Don't come last!, and for god's sake
Don't volunteer!

Sounds about right doesn't it? I sent an email to the Governor General in March. I was responded to almost immediately by his office. My email was to be passed to the Communications Department. This location is where the email did go, didn't go, or no one knows because no one seems to know about this email.

Sound surprising? Sound Government like? Sound like the 7 rules listed above??

Luckily, not having just fallen off the "Apple Cart", I anticipated this Ostrich type behavior. I waited for a reasonable period of time (2 months) and as suspected, received nothing.

I called the Office of the Governor General and asked about the email I sent. The same one that they responded to. They indicated no such email or response was ever received or responded to. Funny because this was the reason why I wrote to the GG in the first place. I wrote to him, asking him to look into DND losing a letter sent to me from the CDS and one from the Queen, which had somehow gone missing.

Getting back to me not falling off the "Apple Cart", I had sent a Registered Letter to the Governor General, just in case this unusual situation might occur. Unusual you say? More like the norm.

They still said that they had no record of any correspondence from me. Bummer about the Registered Letter, signed for by B. Benammar.

The office will as before, get back to me. Please excuse me if I don't hold my breath on this one because, I am a Veteran with serious concerns and he is the Commander and Chief of the Canadian Military. Between himself and the Privacy Commission, who was asked about the same missing letters, somebody should know something about something.

It is funny. As a Veteran, the Commander and Chief didn't mind putting my life on the line following orders and going into war zones on behalf of Canada. I was not afraid. Is he afraid to answer some straight up questions from a Veteran. So far, it appears to be the case.

We Wait, Sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment