Tuesday 8 May 2012

Opting Out of VAC Blue Cross - Lack of Service


  • Time Limits Reached - Orthotics‏

To Josee McIver VAC Kirkland Lake, ombudsman, Dave Nurse, Esterina Lorelli
From:Michael Cole (thebobs1@sympatico.ca)
Sent:May-08-12 8:52:05 AM
To:Josee McIver VAC Kirkland Lake (josee.mciver@vac-acc.gc.ca); ombudsman (info@ombudsman-veterans.gc.ca)
Cc:Dave Nurse (dave.nurse@vac-acc.gc.ca); Esterina Lorelli (lorelli@bellnet.ca)
Since filing my Application for Orthotics in 2011, the last unsigned response was dated 02 February 2012. Although an unsigned document is not a legal one (like an unsigned cheque), I thought it best to write and ask for a further update. 14 April 2012 I received a signed letter from VAC indicating that they would look into the matter starting then, 16 to 17 weeks since my last request. It has now been another 12 weeks since my response letter to VAC's unsigned letter and still no answer.

My Knees are getting progressively worse and I have requested a consequential claim for my knee issue caused by not being able to receive Orthotics for my feet. I am awaiting the paperwork.

So to re-cap; I submitted a request for Orthotics due to my loss of nerve function in both legs (nerve damage claim approved). I asked then for Orthotics to stabilize my feet so I would not get any further damage to my ankles or knees. It has now been in excess of 24 weeks I have been waiting for a response (1/2 year). My knees are so bad now I can't run at all and I am in constant pain while walking.

I would ask if you could RUSH this through but, I do not believe that my situation will be resolved.

I am contacting Blue Cross today and looking back into opting out of the VAC Blue Cross health plan. It seems impossible to get a timely response. 

As a foot note, did VAC find any of the medical documents lost indicating why I was hospitalized for a month or are they still missing as is the letter from the Queen to myself?

Captain (R) Michael I. Cole, CD1

michaelcole9112010@gmail.com
thebobs1@sympatico.ca
VETERANS BLOG: michaelcole9112010.blogspot.com
TWITTER: Michael Cole @michaelthebobs1

No comments:

Post a Comment