Monday 23 September 2013

A LITTLE MORE ACTION - 23 Sep

Hidy Ho Everyone; Made it to Thunder Bay. Arrived and had to visit the Terry Fox Memorial. It was very moving and profound. You know that sometimes you are searching for just the right words to describe how you are feeling about something. Well I too have been having this same problem, that is, til today. I was reading a quote from Terry Fox which seemed to fit what Veterans, myself included are trying to tell the Government.

In no way am I trying to diminish what Terry alone achieved but just his words seem to sum up perfectly how I feel. He said, and I quote;"

"Dreams are made if people only try,
I believe in miracles......I have to......
because somewhere the hurting must stop."

For today, we had a little more action. Some on the road and the other at CBC Radio. For the road portion I have some very sad news to report. While driving down the windy hills, a crow flew right up in front of my truck. He was in my face then a small thump and gone. Happily for myself and for sure the crow, there was only one fatality. My upper left hand fog lamp took it on the chin. It was a solid knockout blow.

I am glad my wife does not find me handsome. She usually finds me a pain in her posterior but I came through. With a little help from the "Handyman's Secret Weapon", (in my case, Gun Tape vice Duct Tape) I got the fog lamp into a three fingered toe hold. Roped down and operational. That's what they say about the Canadian Military. Since we had nothing, the old saying went," we can do damn near anything, with f....ing near nothing." Just saying it again brings back fond memories.

The truck fully operational, off to CBC Radio. Well Howard Stern I am not but, the Equitas message got out in fine style. Everyone was pleased and truly wanted to hear more of my stories. I told them I would be back through in a couple weeks and I could use a call ahead or an invite back. Possibly both.



TODAY'S PICTURES



No comments:

Post a Comment