Monday 2 September 2013

ANGELS

03 SEP MAP

DRIVING MUSIC

Left Marimachi on the 1st and had a nice quiet drive through Shediac, NB. After Shediac, we decided to go visit my old house I talked so much about in my book. It was a beautiful summer day. The sun was shinning. The soil was so red and everything was so green. It sure brought back nice memories. Memories of a simpler time in my life. New neighbors had moved in next door. They were from Quebec City and were so nice and kind to talk with. They invited us in but we had to keep moving. Went on to Cavendish, Green Gables and finally Charlottetown. We were tired but needed a portion of that fresh East Coast Lobster. Beautiful dinner and a great time.

When I got back, there was an email waiting  for me. A person by the name of Charlene wanted to see me the next day. She works at the MFRC (Military Family Resource Centre). There is a Christmas Movie called "Miracle on 34th Street." In this Movie, one of the actors says that every time you hear a bell ring, another Angel receives their wings.

Well let me tell you, the bells in Charlottetown have rung loud and clear for Charlene. If you could bottle what she has as a natural gift of making you feel welcome and at ease, she would have the corner on the market for sure. If I was in anyway sad or depressed when I went in to see her, I sure as hell was not when I left. Funny, bright, intelligent and wise, it was easy for me to see why she is so valuable as a support person.

We talked, laughed, planned and schemed on what could be done to bring all Veterans groups together and support the Equitas Society at the same time. If 1/10th of what we discussed comes forth, my next pass through the Island will be a very memorable one.

Thanks Charlene for refilling my tank with love and caring. I felt so good, happy and at peace that she was really going to help us make things happen. My drive to Antigonish, NS was nice and uneventful. The Cabot Trail tomorrow then.......on to "THE ROCK". Arrival 05 Sep. My next post will be from NFLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment