Tuesday 5 February 2013

"5305 Days Later"- I Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself

Every once in a while, you read something that someone else has written and say, wow, I couldn't have said it better myself. This was true for me today. I was flipping through my latest copy of "esprit de corps", the magazine, (Volume 20 Issue1) published by Author, Scott Taylor, and started reading this article.

"Why failing to provide for veterans should scare us"

The article was written by, Jeff Rose-Martland. He is President of "Our Duty", a citizens organization which advocates for fair treatment of Canada's veterans. His article deals with something that concerns me as well.

"Idle No More", Older poor veterans without proper burials, issues with the current and past serving RCMP members, as well as the "New Veteran's Charter (1996)", are signs. I believe that Jeff has picked-up on a very concerning theme history has taught us not to ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment