Wednesday 21 August 2013

LETTER TO CLARA HUGHES

Hi Clara; I told you that I would not bother you unless I had some important news. I will be

starting a drive across Canada in support of two things.

First, as a gesture of support for those in the Equitas Society who are in a Class Action 

Lawsuit against the treatment of Veterans. 

Secondly, I will be bringing awareness to the plight of First Responders. Military, 

Police, EMS and Rescue personnel. I am trying to make the employers of these people 

understand that, mental issues will come up due to their exposure to traumatic events and 

this is to be anticipated. Just the nature of their work, these people need talk time and 

professional help without the fear of losing their job or have a stigma attached to them for 

saying, on occasion, I NEED HELP! 


I leave St John's on the 5th of September. I hope to meet you 

somewhere along my travels. Take care. Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment